Power Electronics Engineer (x 2)
Meteor Power is looking to hire an experienced Power Electronics Engineer specializing in motor drives, grid tie systems and high power DC/DC converters, ranging from 5kW – 500kW and 48 to 800VDC / 460VAC.
Based at Silverstone we are developing some exiciting high rpm motor technology that requires fast switching rates from dual inverter power electronics. Currently looking at the latest silicon carbide (SiC) technology to deliver optimum motor control whilst reducing heat and electrical interference to a minimum.
- Polyphase motor drive powertrains from thermal feasibility to detailed design of busbars, snubbers and DC link.
- Cost Effective Gate Driver Architectures and circuit design for MOSFET, Si IGBT and SiC devices
- Isolated and Non-Isolated High Power DC/DC converters (greater than 150kW)
- EMI Filters and control for high power inverters, motor drives and DC/DC converters
- Filters for importable and exportable sine wave power for grid tie and other applications
- BSc., MSc. or PhD in Electronic Engineering with a power electronics or motor control related major.
- 3 – 5 years in Inverter electrical design experience and DC/DC electrical design experience.
- Practical understanding of implementation of motor controller functionality, behaviors, and algorithms
- Advanced knowledge of power electronics hardware development and motor controller design
- Be familiar with Inductors and high frequency transformer design.
- Experience of thermal management and control theory
- Familiarity with safety and compliance standards for grid-connected power electronics
- Experience with embedded firmware development for real-time controls systems
- Experience of designing for compliance with relevant EMC/EMI standards
- Familiarity with common designs for <1kV inverters, DC-DC converters etc.
- Experience of synchronous and asynchronous motor control strategies, incl. modelling switching performance, etc.
- Strong understanding of automotive hybrid/electric powertrain layouts and their operating modes
Mechanical Design Engineer
Meteor Power is looking to hire an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to work on vehicle chassis design and development, including key components and battery pack design, for two and four wheel applications.
- Technical leadership of chassis design and development, including suspension & electrical systems
- Ensure design for manufacture to support cost effective production
- Design solutions that meet agreed targets for ride & handling, durability, NVH, homologation, etc.
- PhD. or MEng. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Creation of component specifications, component DFMEA, and other technical design documents.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5, or similar 3D CAD software such as Solidworks.
- Experience with low to medium volume (1 – 10k units/year) production.
- Analytical skills, specifically in tolerance analysis e.g. FEA, CFD, etc.
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes and a variety of engineering materials.
- Experience designing a number of the following: electrical interfaces, electrical insulators, electrical conductors, thermal interfaces, thermal and fluid management systems.